Saturday, April 9, 2011

Of Blood, Grace, And New Songs - Roni Olson

What do I know of redemption's story?
Its concept embedded within my soul.
Yet my fallen mind refutes its glory;
I yearn to be free, I yearn to be whole.
The spilling of blood a fitting ransom.
Blood availed for me I often do doubt.
Embodiment of beauty, though not handsome; *
Paradoxes ask what love is about.

Yet the substance of things hoped for, the things
I've not seen, are those upon which faith rests. *
While my mouth remains closed, my soul still sings
Of grace undeserved, no longer a quest.
The divine with the human did collide,
And I live through the life of Him who died.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Artists need feedback. Yours is greatly appreciated. Lets change this culture together.