Monday, April 18, 2011

Anna Andrews Sonnet

My fear is not that life will seem too short
Nor is my angst that love will break my heart
I do not pain that men my words contort
Nor do I dread my worldly wealth depart
I see behind All, time in shapes and forms
Existing on the wings of place and past
What worth has instant lost in rains and storms
When light concealed by cloud's forgotten fast.

My fright is that the sun will set on days
Without our purpose glimpsed like Winter's breath
For God has called for each to win His ways
This world to know their hope outlasting death
For moments gained are worth a thousand's cost
Christ's truth displayed, alone, is life not lost

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Artists need feedback. Yours is greatly appreciated. Lets change this culture together.