Monday, March 21, 2011

Rachel Yelton Sonnet

Within the walls of tree hewn lumber sleeps
The noise of laughter sweetly lost in dreams.
Bound and warmed by flickering flames of heat
Untroubled by the cares of worldly themes
Yet warm without, my restless heart does pace
Stirred by the call of lands left unexplored
Behind the mists which shroud the mountain's face
To go, to stay, my thoughts within me torn

My heart does yearn to walk the paths untamed

To seek a world beyond the mountains view
Still, bond by chains of comfort I remain
Inside the sheltered walls of golden hue
One day I know that path my feet will tread
But for today my feet shall rest instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Artists need feedback. Yours is greatly appreciated. Lets change this culture together.