Tuesday, February 22, 2011

John Mitchem Sonnet

My jeep is broken for it caught on fire
And now it sets surrounded by more dead
Forgotten cars that make my mom desire
To let our mess drive her out of her head

I would have liked repairing it this Fall
As soon as money came my way but this
Semester, Summit took away it all
To teach me truth, but Jeeping I still miss.

My father's a mechanical man though
He needs some power since he broke his truck
My jeep has more than he can even know
So think about it: my fantastic luck

Instead of fixing it when I get home
He'll fix it, killing two birds with one stone

1 comment:

  1. I can't think of no better topic to write a sonnet on, John.

    Well done. Well done indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Artists need feedback. Yours is greatly appreciated. Lets change this culture together.