Sunday, February 13, 2011

Jessica Wedel Sonnet

Can God forgive my lack of gratitude-
Who made the sun, the moon, the stars, the sea,
Who guides the storms and tiny honey bee,
Who filled the earth and by whose love subdued,

Who made the mountains high, the sky protrude,
Who wrote the sweet song of the chickadee,
Who formed the man in the image of Thee,
Who orchestrates the laws of the etude?

I thank the Lord who made, who wrote, who filled.
My gratitude, His mercy does demand,
Because of grace I raise this thankful hand.
The blood of Christ, instead of mine He spilled.

This fallen man my God does not abhor.
His steadfast love endures forever more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Artists need feedback. Yours is greatly appreciated. Lets change this culture together.